Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Tanner's

I mentioned this painting yesterday in my blog post. Like I said, it was pretty fun painting this picture because I didn’t need to worry about their facial features! Another plus – the kids weren’t smiling, like I would like them to if I was painting their features, so by not painting their faces I was able to still use the photo as my reference! 



My one regret about this painting is that I wrote the date of the occasion for this painting – it was the day Lyla was blessed in church. But when I read it now, I think it appears to be saying it’s the date they were married, the beginning of this family unit. So…the date seems confusing!  




This painting is of my youngest daughter and her family. What a cute family! I chose the size of watercolor paper according to the size of a scanner. That way, I was able to print a large picture at the printers, rather than paint a huge painting! I then gave them a framed picture of the large print using very nice paper and also the original small painting as an extra bonus to be used as a second picture they could stand in another spot in their home or use as a gift.  They chose to use it as a gift and they gave it to Steph’s in-laws for Christmas! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment