Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween ~ 2018

Happy Halloween! 

I made chicken noodle soup and bought donuts ~ a family tradition.

It's just Del and I tonight. We probably won't have a lot of trick-or-treaters so 
we're trying to figure out what movie to watch while we wait and answer the door to the few who will come. Although it has nothing to do with Halloween, we might watch "The Greatest Showman". I'm in the mood to see that again! We used to get a lot of people stopping by just because we live close to the mall, but the numbers have dwindle over the years so tonight may be a quiet night. It would be fun to spend Halloween with our grand-kids ~ wish we lived closer to each other!

A few years back I painted several styles of witch feet and turned my paintings into tags.




Jennifer made caramel popcorn balls this year for Nick to pass out at work.

This is a photo from a couple of years ago. She's done this quite a few times.
They turned out so cute. She ran out of Halloween and Fall tags this year.
Maybe I'll paint something new. I have new Thanksgiving and fall paintings,
but not new Halloween. Old or new, I'll print her up some more for next year. 

One year I made witch Oreo shoes (like below), hand-painted small cards, and 
gave them to my kids so they could pass them out to families they visit. I think 
I painted between 20 and 30 cards and made the same amount of Oreo feet!  
I learned later how to make tags from one painting! That simplified things! 
I didn't make any Oreo feet this year. That simplified things! And I used to sell 
tags on Etsy, but I don't do that anymore either. That too simplified things!! 
I still like to paint, make tags, and even sell them, but I now just sell to local people 
or those who know me. That doesn't simplify things, but it's fun, so that's okay too! 


Happy Halloween!!


No comments:

Post a Comment