Monday, October 29, 2018

Journals, Autumn, Piano


Last night I thought about all my different journals. 
 Some are digital, others are hard copy. I made a list and 
I currently have 12!  Just looking at my list overwhelms me! 
So…I’ve decided to consolidate some of my journals. 
Instead of using this blog just for writing a few snippets about my life 
to match my paintings, I'm going to use it more as a daily (or weekly) journal
 with words, art and photos.  


Is this simplifying? I hope so. Time will tell.

And so I begin 😊

Today’s date: October 29, 2018

A friend’s husband passed away last week. 
I wrote her a note yesterday, taped it to my painting below,  
and mailed it this morning. 

I painted this when I was in California a couple of weeks ago
visiting my parents. And last week I taught the ladies in my
watercolor class how to paint it. It was fun!

This isn’t a typical picture for a sympathy card, but fitting for the season. 
It's also an opportunity to tell her I’m THANKFUL for her and grateful 
for our belief of life after death. Someday she'll be with him again!

Last night before the sun went down, Del and I went for a walk. 
I loved seeing the autumn leaves, even crunching them under our feet. 
I can’t seem to get enough of these gorgeous colors! 

I painted this while visiting my parents. 
I painted this Saturday night.

After our walk I sat down at the piano and played Christmas music for an hour. 
It's time to start listening to Christmas music on Pandora and watch Christmas movies!
It’s only the end of October, but I fear I didn’t start early enough!

I focus on journal-type painting pages for my art class.
This is just one of my ideas - a page to journal about the
instruments they play and/or their favorite songs.

This morning as I walked out into the garage to exercise on my treadmill 
it smelled like an apple and pear orchard from boxes and bags 
full of picked and fallen fruit. We have 3 apple trees and one pear tree, 
plus cherry, peach and plum trees and lots of raspberry bushes.  
Only the apple and pear are currently in season, 
so on Saturday I dehydrated pears and baked an apple crisp. Yum!

We're having an awesome autumn! The colors are gorgeous!

Outside our front door






No comments:

Post a Comment