Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Snow Day



I’m a list maker. Most days my list of things to do in one day is rather long. It includes not just the "have to's", but the "want to's" and "ought to-do" items. Last night I added a bunch of errands I need to run to my already lengthy to-do list for today. For those of you who live where it snows, have you noticed how a “snow day” seems to make you think you have nothing pressing to get to, even though your list is still as long as ever and you’ve now added snow removal to that list?

Because my husband shoveled snow 4 times yesterday and I only once, I decided to take my turn early this morning. As I headed outdoors through the garage, this is what I found! 






















A foot of snow had fallen during the night. The prediction was 1-3 inches.

Between my husband and I and our kind neighbors with a more powerful snow blower than ours, we got our driveway shoveled. My husband cancelled his appointments at the office and is home for the day. And even though we can now make it out of our driveway, I’ve decided my errands can wait. For some reason it just feels like a “free day” to do something different.

I hope you find a free day now and then. It rejuvenates the soul!!

I painted the reindeer in December and thought it sounded fun to post it. Nothing urgent, right?! Just something fun to do.

The sun is out - maybe I’ll step back outside. I think more snow has fallen, but an inch or two will be easier to shovel than 12!!


Happy winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment