Monday, May 16, 2016

It's a Boy!


One week ago today my youngest daughter, Stephanie, gave birth to our 7th grandchild, Luke. I get to visit her and my son-in-law Josh and our new sweet little grandson tomorrow. I absolutely love holding our new little grandchildren as they come into our lives. I am always awestruck at how quickly I love them. It’s amazing to me that we don’t need to know their personalities or know them for very long to have a deep love for them. What a precious blessing!

This little Luke is my parents “one hundred and one” great-grandchild. What an amazing posterity! I say “one hundred and one” (rather than 101st) for a reason. It reminds me of a story about my daughter Stephanie when she was young enough that the only words she knew how to say were: “dada” “mama” and “bubbles”. Around this age “101 Dalmatians” was the first video she ever watched all the way through in one setting. After her first viewing she wanted to watch it over and over and over, even 3, 4, and 5 times a day! Because she couldn’t talk, she would pat my leg, point towards the television and bark! As time went by, we introduced her to “The Lion King” and “Aristocats”. If she wanted to watch one of those she’d roar like a lion or meow like a cat. The funniest part of all of this is when we’d tell her it was bedtime she’d start barking like a dog, meowing like a cat and roaring like a lion, pointing to the television the whole time we carried her up to her crib. As we got closer to her room, she would frantically bark, roar and meow louder and louder. Without question, she didn’t want to go to bed! Without question, she wanted to watch a movie…any one of the three…anything to stay up a little bit longer!

And so…with this story in mind, I just think it’s very fitting that Stephanie had my parent’s “one hundred and one” great-grandchild!

Congratulations Joshua and Stephanie! He’s adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment