Tuesday, December 6, 2016

LIGHTtheWORLD - Worship


"Where is he that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him" (Matthew 2:2).Wise men still seek Him. Do you? Do I? Do our actions show we still seek and worship Him? May the star atop our Christmas tree remind us to seek and worship the Savior. - That is what I posted today on Instagram.

LIGHT the WORLD

During Christmas we are reminded that Jesus Christ is the Light of the World. This year, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints invites all to share that light by resolving to do the things Jesus Christ did - for 25 days, in 25 ways. Every day leading up to Christmas, we are invited to focus on a different Christlike behavior and strive to do as He did.  The church has offered suggestions of Christlike attributes we can work on. For December 4 they invited us to do as Jesus did and worship the Father.

“1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.” (John 17:1-2)

One of the suggestions for worshiping as Jesus did was: attend a church service in your area. I attend church every Sunday and love it. I love singing Christmas hymns this time of year. There's something about singing about the Savior's birth that really helps me feel like I am worshiping. I've been known to even join our church ward choir, just so I can sing Christmas Hymns, and I'm not really much of a singer. This Sunday I also watched on television a beautiful Christmas devotional. It can be viewed via this link: 2016 First Presidency Christmas Devotional.

For more suggestions on ways to worship, click on this link: mormon.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment